Piper L4 Grasshopper
Year built – 1943
The Piper L4 is a military version of the Piper Cub – the “L” standing for liaison. They were used for scouting, delivery of mail and movement of personnel behind enemy lines.
In it’s original configuration the pilot sat in the front seat with the observer sitting on a sling facing backwards looking out the extended windows of the L4.
Plane built in 1943 and released from the military register in 1954, known since history.
Here is an article from his previous pilot:
Gérard Desbois et son Piper Cub
Here is an article about “classic” train planes:
Petit questionnement peu classique…